Monday, March 16, 2009

202 ! !


The past 45 entries are part of a process to come up with designs for some new MACRODON figures. Many illustrations are very similar, and the textures I have been trying out recently are quite different from the previous look most MACRODONS have had. I figured out some new things I liked, as well as several poor designs that simply don't work for the time being. Today I posted 10 illustration studies for a MACRODON I recently finished sculpting in plastiline, #193 closely resembles the final result, that began from an idea for #157, which I then developed into another idea: #159... This last entry for today represents an idea for #159 / #193 that I am trying to figure out, the image above is simply a very rough sketch of it's shape, and below, a little Photoshop doodling of these ideas... more on that later, once I have actually figured it out...