Sunday, May 31, 2009

279 + FOUND FUN



NEW MACRODON FOUND!

Tonight was VERY entertaining- @ The Public Trust, This American Life contributor, and founder of "Found" Magazine, Davy Rothbart and his brother, musician Peter Rothbart,of The Poem Adept, performed some music and read from the most recent and best found notes, love letters, signs, and other random found scribblings.


I wish I had some sort of found inspiration for today's MACRODON, yet I do not... I'll try to keep my eyes peeled, but I just don't really seem to happen upon these kinds of things... so here is the MACRODON I call Crystal Castles Creature #4.

Seek out any of these folks stuff (and buy it!), it is entertaining, funny, smart, and a bit voyeuristic (in a non-creepy way... most of the time).

Part of the performance included Peter Rothbart's cover of a song called "The Booty Don't Stop" from a found tape titled "Booty Tape", here is the same song, performed life elsewhere, and YES I have purchased the "Booty Tape" (available on the Found magazine website) and CAN NOT WAIT to hear it (!!!) alright, enough typing, as this was a bit much for my usual silence and lack of typed words on this blog... more later... for now, listen: