Sunday, November 2, 2008

071 - DIA DE LOS MUERTOS

MACRODONS

after completing this MACRODON, I envisioned him, more squat, shorter, and stockier, so I Photoshopped it some:

MACRODONS

This is what I have been up to the past few days: paper-mâché He-Man Hair,
in stiff-looking, plastic-like, bowl-cut, page-boy fashion!

MACRODONS

After all the fun with the PUMA shoes, I could not help myself,
this MACRODON's Halloween costume: HE-MAN!


MACRODONS

and my wife's costume this year was Amelia Earhart, with some great vintage Wilson welding goggles, but in this case, visually perfect for an aviator costume, as fashionably sported by this Macrodon:


MACRODONS

Okay, that was another, fun, ridiculous post.
I always assumed Macrodons had eyes, and well, really any other body part not previously represented in these illustrations, but putting goggles on it's "head", over it's "eyes" (and whose to say it's eyes are on it's "head"), a sword in it's "hand" (obviously gripped with fingers), etc., was a little disconcerting at the time... I prefer the vague anatomical visual description I have previously given them, so for now, I don't think we'll be seeing any paper-doll style dressing of Macrodons anymore...